New hires are placed per the attached placement chart based on verified years of experience up to 6 years experience. Current employees, please contact Human Resources for salary placement questions at 623-535-6011.
Proof of High School Diploma or GED required upon hire
Important message for Internal Employees:
Only 8 hour positions and Student Transporters qualify for personal earned leave.
If your new position is less than 8 hours per day, and you have been earning personal leave for less than 5 years, you will lose your personal earned leave.
If your new position is less than 8 hours per day and you have been earning personal leave for more than 5 years:
- Contact the payroll department for more information about payout upon leaving the District in the future.
- You cannot access your personal leave while you are working in a position that is less than 8 hours
Job Title: Student Transporter (Bus Driver) – ON CALL
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
Provide safe and efficient transportation for school children to and from school and extracurricular activities. Adheres to federal requirements and guidelines regarding operating a commercial motor vehicle in the state of Arizona. Follow state requirements according to the Arizona Minimum Standards for School Buses and School Bus Drivers (Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 17, Chapter 9). Maintains discipline of passengers on the school buses. Individuals must be able to work a split shift.
1. Adheres to all responsibilities required of a District school bus driver.
2. Obeys all traffic laws.
3. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
4. Observes Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) regulations when operating two-way radios.
5. Performs school bus operations checks as required by the state Minimum Standards.
6. Notifies proper authorities of mechanical defects or failures.
7. Notifies proper authorities of lateness on bus routes.
8. Adheres to assigned schedules.
9. Transports only authorized personnel/students.
10. Picks up and discharges students only at authorized stops.
11. Reports all accidents and incidents and completes required reports and forms.
12. Reports all traffic citations to supervisor as soon as practical.
13. Assists transportation staff regarding route changes and schedules.
14. Cleans and fuels buses as part of bus driver’s daily routine.
15. Performs tire pressure checks as required.
16. Completes all paperwork as required by state and district policies and procedures.
17. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education Requirements/Licensing Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Be able to obtain a Class B commercial driver’s license with passenger “P” and school bus “S” endorsements.
Be able to attain Arizona School Bus Driver’s Certification.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: Individual must have the physical stamina, health, and flexibility necessary to bend, stretch, crouch, kneel, stoop, lift, pull, push, and climb. Repetitive functions are common and necessary to perform the responsibilities of a school bus driver. Must be able to perform duties in Arizona environment without the benefit of Air Conditioning. The environment experiences temperature extremes of over 100 degrees (F) and down to possible freezing temperatures. There is possible exposure to bodily fluids and hazardous fluids/materials.
Skills, Knowledge, Ability and/or Experience:
SKILLS are required to perform operating a school bus while utilizing multiple operating systems.
KNOWLEDGE of State and District policies and procedures are necessary to efficiently and effectively perform the tasks of a school bus driver.
ABILITY is required to be able to pass a physical performance test as required and outlined in the Minimum Standards for School Buses and School Bus Drivers. Requirements include the ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and drag 125 pounds a minimum of 30 feet.
EXPERIENCE in operating a motor vehicle for a minimum of one year is required. Individual must have a driving record that is acceptable by the AZ Department of Public Safety
Job Title: Student Transporter
Terms of Employment:
9 months, 5.6 hrs per day, 5 days per week
District paid employee medical and life insurance
- 2020 WorkCal-E.pdf
- PLACEMENT CHART – Classified Hourly 19-20.pdf
Email To A Friend