Support Staff/Special Education Assistant
2019-20 School Year
Student Support Service: Paraprofessional (Special Needs Aide) – Multiple Positions Available with Locations To Be Determined
(Full Time and Part Time options)
Do you have a love for the differences we all bring to the world? Are you interested in working with special needs students? Are you compassionate, caring, and ready to make a difference in the life of a child?
If you answer “YES!” to any of these questions, NOW is the time to apply for employment as a Special Needs Aide with the Ball-Chatham School District! Due to the number of vacancies, location will be determined upon hire and fit for the position. Full-Time paraprofessionals in Ball-Chatham work 7-1/2 hours per day, school days (Monday – Friday), and are eligible for full-time beneifts, including major medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, term life insurance, and retirement (see this document for more information)! Part-time paraprofessionals (3.5 – 4 hours per day) are not eligible for insurance, but are eligible for retirement through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund!
If this opportunity sounds like something you’re looking for, please proceed with completing the online application by clicking APPLY in the upper right hand corner of this posting!
- Engaging. Worthwhile. Fast-paced. Paraprofessionals are integral parts of our school community, providing daily one-on-one and/or classroom support to our District’s special needs students. By working with special needs students on a daily basis, you have a unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships and memories with not only students, but their families who rely on you for regular support and encouragement of their child’s educational milestones! Learn more about the importance of Paraprofessionals in the world of education by clicking here.
This position may be a fit for you if…
- You are prepared to assist an extraordinary team guiding Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade students to achievement of their educational goals and milestones
- You are excited about working with students at all academic levels and needs
- You are enthusiastic about Ball-Chatham’s vision, mission, and beliefs
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- You are able to create positive relationships with students, parents, and other staff
- You are able to provide a positive, safe, and academically challenging learning environment for students through the use of District approved curriculum
It would be great if you…
- Maintain one of the following (please upload a current copy into the online system at the Supplemental Materials (Non-Certified) step)
- ELS (Paraprofessional) License: If you do not already have a Paraprofessional License, learn more about getting this certification through the Illinois State Board of Education website (ISBE – Paraprofessional Requirements).
- Valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Understand best practices related to teaching and pedagogy
- Are able to interpret and implement IEPs
- Complete and submit the ONLINE application
- Sucessfully complete a criminal background check
- Meet qualifications and any applicable licensure standards outlined in the job description