At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Summary: Centerstone of Florida offers a variety of selective internship opportunities. If you intern with us, we will provide you with the opportunity to learn and practice skills in the areas of needs assessment, client engagement, clinical documentation, and to learn and engage in making community referrals. Students will also have the opportunity to practice their clinical skills in face-to-face counseling sessions with clients in a strengths-based, client-centered behavioral health setting. Students will receive weekly supervision with a supervisor that meets the credentialing requirements for their specific school.
Our internship opportunities are somewhat flexible. All interns are expected to work at least 15 hours per week, and to be available a minimum of 6 months. We work with clients of all ages with a variety of mental health and substance abuse issues.
Pay: 0 – No pay or stipend for Student Interns.
MA level – Currently enrolled in a graduate program for social work, counseling or other related field and has met the college requirements to participate in a practicum/internship. Internship must be required by the school in order to graduate. Has a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling or other related field. Has a valid Florida Driver’s license, if needed.
BA level – Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for social work, psychology or other related field and has met the college requirements to participate in an internship. Internship MUST BE required by the school in order to graduate. No voluntary internships provided. Has a valid Florida driver’s license, if needed.
Preferred Qualification: Experience with mental health and/or substance abuse clients.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs and processes quickly, and ability to ask for help when needed. Has good organizational skills and can demonstrate professional writing skills. Ability to meet all training requirements as they are scheduled.
Core Responsibilities may include:
Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team in assessing clients and determining appropriate treatment interventions.
Engage in case management tasks, outreach services and mentoring.
Conduct initial assessments on new clients and write biopsychosocial assessments. (MA level)
Write progress notes on client contact and discussions with collateral contacts.
Assist in Discharge and Aftercare Planning
Formulate a provisional diagnostic assessment based on information presented; identify need and complete risk assessments. (MA level)
Provide individual, family and group therapy to individuals for mental health and/or substance abuse disorders (MA level)
Complete screenings for depression, suicide, drug use, home assessment, etc.
Develop, write, implement, evaluate and revise treatment plans. (MA level)
Therapeutic Interventions – Learn and implement evidenced based practices. (MA level)
Referrals – Complete, document and follow up on referrals, including collateral contacts.
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.