Location: Redmond, WA
We believe, passionately, that accessibility and inclusion are essential to delivering on our mission to empower every student on the planet. To support this mission the WW Education Marketing team is looking for a product marketing manager (PMM) to support inbound and outbound marketing for products in our Student-Centered Learning story in the K-12 market (featuring hero products Office 365, Learning Tools and Flipgrid) and be a champion for accessibility and inclusivity in the Education Marketing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for a mix of inbound and outbound marketing responsibilities. You will partner with product and engineering teams cultivate a deep understanding of how each hero product can best deliver on the promise of our narrative and value prop and then drive prioritization of features that deliver even better outcomes and differentiation relative to competition. In turn, you will work with marketing and sales teams to communicate roadmap status and drive awareness and demand.
You will act as the primary product marketing lead for products supporting the Student-Centered Learning story and work with product teams and individual product PMMs to identify core value that inputs into the story. You will build out the core value prop and messaging, architect the GTM plan and work across marketing channels (web, events, campaigns, etc.) to ensure that optimal cross-channel plans are developed, executed and measured.
You will partner closely with the Education Audience Marketing team to ensure all value props, messaging and motions align to audience needs and are optimized for the customerâs journey; developing bills of materials (BOMs) at both the product and solution level including customer pitch materials, supporting evidence, case studies and other marketing assets; ensuring product and solution truth is represented in demos and other customer experiences; and ensuring channel readiness plans are in place.
You will develop deep insights into education target customers, channels, key competitors and market drivers and develop feedback mechanisms to understand blockers and opportunities to improve both product development and marketing that supports accessibility and student agency in education.
You will be a thought-leader in areas of accessibility and inclusivity in the Education Marketing team and will strive to grow and develop this awareness across the team.
Overall you will work closely with stakeholders and teams across Microsoft Education to develop and execute marketing programs for the Student-Centered Learning products that delight customers and turn them into fans.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Envision the product portfolio that supports our student-centered learning focus with an outside-in perspective and user-centered design process.
- Partner with the product and product marketing teams to identify compelling customer features and scenarios and drive feature prioritization.
- Work closely with Microsoft accessibility experts to identify innovative ways for meeting the needs of diverse learners.
- Craft education specific messaging, offer and licensing content leveraging Enterprise and Commercial efforts as appropriate and create new assets for key audiences as needed to ensure EDU relevance.
- Lead Storybook for Student-Centered learning Products process to communicate forward looking roadmap and differentiated product truth.
- Own developing and executing annual marketing plans and craft compelling, differentiated value propositions, messaging and materials.
- Partner with Audience Marketing to supply the product truth that supports the narrative.
- Establish marketing metrics of success and work with business planning and analytics teams to ensure they can be measured.
- Develop marketing content (BOMs), including but not limited to customer pitch decks, proof points, battlecards and other assets.
- Produce and distribute evidence that support your products and solution either individually or through other marketing channel teams (e.g. case studies, testimonials).
- Act as marketing lead for cross-channel marketing support of the products and solution you support. Ensure all marketing channel owners have the plans and resources they need to deliver.
- Work with the Education Events team and product to ensure O365 solution as part of the student-centered learning narrative are represented.
- Work with field, sales and partner teams to create readiness programs including training, content and communication and ensure their needs are met and to establish actionable feedback loops.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably with experience working in the Education vertical.
Demonstrated experience and ability in driving audience, solution or product positioning development.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Preferred experience in the Accessibility space – as a thought leader, an advocate, a developer, a marketer, a teacher/administrator, or through another professional capacity.
Proven capability to deliver world class marketing content, including value proposition, evidence, presentations and other assets for identified solutions, products/features and segments/audiences.
Passion for education and education technology.
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, agencies, executive stakeholders and execution partners.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate about connecting with customers and changing the way they perceive our brand and our products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills, high degree of accountability with willingness to take measured risks and set bold goals.
- B.A./B. S in Business, Marketing, preferred.
- M.B.A (or equivalent in related work experience).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.