- Job ID: 1200598
- Accredited by Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- Members, Illinois and American Hospital Associations
- Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Public Health
- IDPH designated Regional Hospital Coordination Center for the Edwardsville Public Health and Medical Response Region
- Serving the healthcare needs of area residents since 1958
- Designated Magnetâ˘ facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society for Chest Pain Centers
- IDPH designated Stroke-Ready Hospital
- Medical staff with more than 400 members representing 42 specialties
- Provides accurately prepared orders of pharmaceutical supplies by properly assembling orders and requisitions with the correct products.
- Provides accurately prepared sterile preparations by properly following procedures.
- Maintains quality assurance standards and maintenance of required documentation.
- Delivers IV solutions and medications to nursing divisions and ancillary departments.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and sufficiently stocked work area.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
- Pharmacist Intern
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Employment Status: PRN
Memorial Hospital Belleville is located in a well-established west Belleville neighborhood at 4500 Memorial Drive, Belleville Illinois. In addition, we have diagnostic centers in O’Fallon, Illinois, and an off-campus physical therapy center in east Belleville. As a member of BJC HealthCare, Memorial Hospital Belleville provides full and part-time employment for more than 2300 people.
Under direct supervision of staff pharmacists, the Pharmacy Technician has primary responsibility of preparing drugs in unit-dose for IV/OR, inpatient and ancillary area. According to standard procedures, Pharmacy Students assist the staff pharmacist in physician order processing, dispensing medications, transporting medication supplies and maintaining appropriate records.
Licenses & Certifications
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings