Bring your talent and skills to Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Systems Engineering team! The selected candidate will intern with Raytheon during Summer 2020. At the end of the internship their performance will be evaluated for consideration to the IIS Raytheon Fellowship Program (RFP).
About the RFP program:
- Seeking students in the second semester of their sophomore year (but program is also open to current juniors).
- Upon program acceptance, participants will be submitted for a national security clearance. Once security clearance has been granted, interns will work part time during their junior and senior years, supporting IISâs programs from the Virginia Tech campus.
- Working part-time for IIS prior to obtaining the security clearance is an option depending on the student’s desire and the hiring departments ability to provide appropriate work.
- During Summer 2020, participants will work on-site at the IIS facility in Richardson, TX completing an internship consisting of professional development, training, mentorship, and networking.
- Participants will receive a $10,000 signing bonus upon acceptance to the program and an additional $10,000 signing bonus upon converting to full-time employee status post-graduation.
- Participants will sign an offer agreement, committing to remain with IIS for a minimum of two years after becoming a full-time employee.
Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is the #1 provider of real time imagery and signal intelligence as well as the worldâs best flight control system UAS safety records. We are a leader in cyber security supplying 10x the detection capabilities of our nearest competitors as well as being the source of protection for several of the most sensitive systems in the world. We are the #1 provider of weather data in the United States. IIS is the only company with support personnel on every continent and in the war zone, providing mission support services for more than 8,000 unique customer missions each year, in 80 nations. The IIS programs offer a challenging opportunity to expand your technical skills with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As an employee you will have opportunities to grow your career beyond systems if you choose. Former systems employees are now in executive positions across our various Businesses. We also have dozens of Engineering Fellows recognized throughout industry as the subject matter experts in their fields. IIS is seeking people looking to join our company not just to have a job, but a fulfilling career.
As a Systems Engineering student intern, the candidate will support engineering activities and senior engineers on programs to include activities related to requirement analysis and hierarchical decomposition, development of system architecture, and system delivery.
Responsibilities and Duties May Include:
- Correction and updating of documents
- Contributions to presentations
- Supporting design reviews
- Supporting customer requests for information
- Supporting the recommendation of appropriate configuration and equipment and software changes to satisfy requests to system integration and test support
- End of summer intern presentation
Security Clearance and other Requirements:
- Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI government security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Only currently enrolled students at Virginia Tech can be considered for this role.
- Fundamental engineering skills
- Proficiency in Windows and/or Linux
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional self-starter harboring a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures and ability to professionally engage with all levels of staffing
- Previous intern experience
- Coursework in modern application architectures or methodologies, aerospace engineering and systems engineering
- Technical writing exposure through coursework or experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with Interface Control Definition (ICD)
- Programming skills C++ and/or Java/J2EE
- Scripting skills Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Course work in requirements analysis, development, traceability and verification
- Candidate must be currently enrolled at Virginia Tech pursing a degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Software or Systems), Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related STEM field.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired.
- Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
- Must have obtained Sophomore, Junior or Senior status as of Summer 2020. This position will be hired at the appropriate salary grade based on completed hours of college credit towards the required degree.
- Sophomore Intern (ST02 TechStudent-Sophomore) – must have completed 30 hours of college credits toward degree and obtained Sophomore status as of Summer 2020.
Junior Intern (ST03 TechStudent-Junior) – must have completed 60 hours of college credits toward degree and obtained Junior status as of Summer 2020.
Senior Intern (ST04 TechStudent-Senior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits toward degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2020.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.