Requirements for summer internship:
Prospective summer interns must be at least 18 years of age and should be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program.
This is a full-time, hourly position: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
If selected, interns are responsible for securing housing for the summer.
Individuals who have held internship positions with the churchwide organization in the past are not eligible.
Preferred start date is June 8, 2020. End date to be determined based on return to school date.
The summer intern will assist the Mission Formation Team with detailed work as it relates to ELCA summer events. Primary assistance will be working with logistics for the Global Mission engagement in the Rostered Leaders Gathering, the Women of the ELCA Triennial, the Annual Musician Training and other Global Mission units events. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Event Logistics: Programming and Resources, Program content development – designing devotions, worship services
- Assisting with contractual preparation
- Resource Development – edit, proof, simple design, creation of content
- Creation of PowerPoints and Music Booklets
- Administrative tasks such as compiling and printing documents, folders, booklets
- Possible attendance to ELCA sponsored events which will include some travel
- Secure musical and electronic equipment, set up and take down
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Area of Study Preference: Communication, Media or Education
- Specific interest in event planning with basic knowledge in online event planning platforms
- Background in computer platforms of powerpoint, excel, ECIS and micro-soft programs.
- Able to travel if requested.
From: Evangelical Lutheran Church in America