Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Student Nurse Tech – Per Diem
Who we are:
As a Student Nurse Tech, you will provided basic patient care and may perform specific procedures as outlined by the facility under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. You will perform procedures, collects and documents demographic and patient data as follows:
- Obtaining vital signs, height, weight and demographic data.
- Assisting patients with personal and daily care, such as bathing (bed bath, chair at sink, tub and shower), oral hygiene, shaving and hair care.
- Assisting with urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care, emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan.
- Removing peripheral IV’s as directed by RN (may not remove any IV’s located in antecubital fossa or higher).
- Delivering meals and snacks, feeding patients who are unable to feed themselves and documenting oral intake, including supplements.
- Turning and positioning immobile patients safely while maintaining proper body alignment; participating in mobility program.
- Answering patient call lights and performing services that add to the physical wellbeing of the patient.
- Transportation of the patients to designated areas, such as to and from various treatment centers.
How you will be successful in this environment:
- The position requires proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, or equivalent, of an accredited nursing school.
- Having knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures, aseptic practices, and cardio-pulmonary techniques is required.
- Previous hospital experience is preferred – CNA, PCT, Unit Secretary, Telemetry Tech, etc.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.