Requisition ID # 37401
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Job Location : San Francisco
The Finance Compliance and Controls department is responsible for overseeing the effective design and assessment of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting, and acts in a consultative capacity as a business partner and financial controls expert to the entire organization.
Reporting to the SOX Manager, the SOX intern will have the opportunity to work on the ongoing projects in the PG&E’s SOX compliance program such as walk through and document business processes and controls; conduct data analysis; help with integrating the new SOX tool in existing SOX processes. Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to work with Internal Audit to understand PG&E’s internal audit process. The intern will also prepare quarterly SOX reports, assist in the preparation of SOX compliance reports for senior leadership, compile process narratives, and assist the SOX team in evaluating the effectiveness of the company’s SOX business and IT controls.
The SOX Compliance team is looking for talented summer intern to help support the SOX team in its oversight of the PG&E’s internal controls over financial reporting. The intern will work independently and with the SOX team members to carry out the following assignments:
- Assist in business process and control walkthrough and documentation
- Review reports prior to distribution to senior leadership
- Perform data analysis upon request
- Assist with interim SOX and special project testing preparation
- Help with enhancing process flow documentation in WDesk
- Refresh SOX tester training materials
- Support the Timely Recognition of Expense initiative
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business or Information Systems. Students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position.