Requisition ID: 242333
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
The SAP Procurement Engineering team has embarked on an audacious vision to make business commerce as easy as consumer commerce. Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP Ariba iXp Intern – Full Stack Developer
Location: Palo Alto, California
Expected start date to end date: June 8 ,2020 – August 14, 2020
In this role, you’ll:
- Have the unique opportunity to design, develop and deliver core experiences of our procurement solution
- Collaborate and innovate with Product, Design and other engineering teams to deliver a seamless, consistent and engaging user experience for millions of users
- Design and develop front-end interfaces and backend systems
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or masters degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience).
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Strong communication skills that include the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment working with multiple teams across various geographies
- Preferred experience: familiarity with Gradle, Microservices (Springboot), Redis, CI/CD tools using Jenkins, Github. Experience building cloud applications (eg. Google Cloud Platform, AWS and Azure).
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.