The Department of Cell Biology at the Rostock University Medical Center is offering a position for a
PhD student (f/m/div)
Advertisement number: 61 O/2020
(pending budgetary approval)
We are seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic student holding a M.Sc. or equivalent degree with a suitable background in life sciences especially in cell and molecular biology. Applicants must be fully proficient in English. The planned start of the contract is in March or as soon as possible for 2.5 years (salary according to 65% of TV-L13).
You will work in an interdisciplinary collaboration project with industrial partners and experimental and clinical research groups. About the projectRegenerative medicine uses the regenerative potential of the body’s own cells to replace damaged tissues or damaged organ parts. However, the current technical requirements are restricted due to the technical requirements and missing clinical data. This was the motivation for this cooperation project. The aim of this project is to develop innovative technologies for the modulation and clinical application of tissues and cells of human adipose tissue for the treatment of chronic wounds.
This project is funded by the Federal State Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and the European Union and is in close cooperation with an industrial partner.
- excellent scientific degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or similar
- experiences in cell and molecular biological methods as well as microscopy is beneficial; prior experience with stem cells is advantageous but not essential
- enjoyment of interdisciplinary and experimental work
- high personal commitment, time flexibility, creativity and enjoyment of working in a team
- strong communication skills (English, oral and writing)
- IT knowledge (MS Office, DNA Star, SAP, Typo3, Mendeley)
- interdisciplinary work in an excellent, dedicated team and collaboration with experimental and clinical groups
- individual support and scientific qualification (e.g. workshops, participation on international and national congresses)
- reconciliation of family and work life
- use of a job ticket