There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa (US-IA) – Waterloo
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student – Manufacturing Engineering – Waterloo, IA – 65052
- General responsibilities include supporting the components Industrial Engineering department.
- The IE department has several hundred new parts starting production over the next several months related to new product, as well as on going standards development and verification work on current product studies.
- Developing and establishing accurate estimated and permanent time standards for new parts associated with new products introduced in component business.
- Documentation of sequence of events for shop floor
- Support of methods audits ensuring sequence of events and standard accuracy
- Support of CIPP, CI and focused improvement teams
- Support Safety / Environmental / Ergo reviews of area.
- Development and deployment of IE processes and best practices across departments
What It Takes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working in a team environment
- Organization and time management skills
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Technology, or a related field (other majors may qualify).
- Must be a full-time student at a local university or college (Hawkeye, UNI, Wartburg, etc.)
- If currently attending a community college, must be planning to pursue a 4-year degree
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12 months.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16 – 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A Strong Candidate Will Also Have
- Desired relevant work experience in manufacturing, construction, and/or an office environment.
- Demonstration of leadership skills and related experience.
- Would also consider Quality, mathematics, Business, and Physics Majors.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.