KPG was founded in 1990 as a small, interdisciplinary firm of engineers, architects and landscape architects who shared a commitment to enhance livability within cities. Nearly 30 years later, KPG is a growing, medium-size firm with offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Wenatchee, with talented team members and a diverse resume of projects.
About the Position
Our landscape architects and urban designers specialize in visioning, main streets, festival streets, gateways, wayfinding, plazas, pocket parks, trails, and all aspects of complete street and sustainable design, with communities all over Western and Eastern Washington. We are currently seeking to fill a summer internship position, which will include extensive field work and collaboration with the team in our Seattle or Tacoma office. The position will provide the opportunity to work with our landscape architects and surveyors on a project from the outset and gain experience on every aspect of site inventory, design, and construction documents.
Successful candidates will be creative, collaborative and comfortable working with our interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication skills are essential, both verbal and visual.
We offer a collaborative stable environment among complementary disciplines, and strong teamwork and mentorship throughout the firm.
The initial timeframe of the internship position would be from approximately May to September with the possibility of extension based on the project needs and candidate’s availability. Full- or part-time hours are negotiable.
We’re a fun, rewarding place to work! KPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Conduct site inventory of residential properties, including identifying plant and tree species, hardscape materials and other site features
- Prepare conceptual site plans, including hardscape plans and planting plans
- Prepare illustrative graphics and figures for property owners and the public
- Prepare construction documents including plans, details, and specifications
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
- Current university student or recent graduate, majoring in Landscape Architecture
- Well organized and detail-oriented; Strong written & communication skills
- Ability to work in the field, including walking on job sites and uneven ground
- Knowledge of Northwest plant and tree species or a willingness to learn
- Experience with latest versions of AutoCAD™ Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, and Excel
We invite you to apply by submitting a resume, portfolio examples, and a cover letter letting us know why you may be a good fit.
Seattle or Tacoma, Washington