At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
Clarke University is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Graduate Admissions Counselor. This position is instrumental in representing Clarke University in various contexts.
The new team member will serve as a key member of the admissions and financial aid offices. They will manage and work in collaboration with others including staff, faculty, administration, and alumni, to ensure Clarke University meets the diverse needs of incoming graduate students. Clarke University seeks individuals who are committed to creating an inclusive community.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day operations of graduate admissions to develop and influence outcome-focused recruitment strategies
- Create and implement an annual recruitment plan that will include varying communication strategies as well as attending on and off-campus recruitment events. To include by not limited to college fairs, career fairs, professional conferences, and class room visits
- Carry out planned activities aimed at generating interest in the University, disseminating accurate information, and encouraging campus visitation and enrollment
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of procedures and strategies within the Admissions Office
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and open communication with graduate faculty, staff, students, and administrators to best serve graduate students and meet the needs of the university
- Collaborate with Deans, department Chairs, and graduate Directors to market, recruit, enroll and retain graduate students
- Regional travel is required for this position
Qualifications, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience, preferably in sales and/or the graduate admission population
- Self-motivated and customer-focused
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and can readily adapt to shifting priorities
- Works well with others and appropriately gives and takes feedback
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and CRM databases needed
- A valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance is required for this position due to travel
To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Clarke University is committed to fostering a welcoming campus community that celebrates the unique contributions of each person and promotes an inclusive learning environment. Clarke University does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.