We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe â all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world â and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to make a challenging and meaningful contribution. You will get to work on real world inspiring projects that drive goals and objectives.
The Global Eligibility Intern will increase the Global Eligibility team visibility, impact, and engagement within the partner network as well as within TechSoup. Projects will elevate our business practices while also providing hands on experience for someone interested in global policy and nonprofits.
This is a paid position located in the San Francisco office.
This position will increase our team visibility, impact, and engagement within the global partner network, TechSoup, and externally. Projects will both elevate our own business practices while also providing hands on experience for someone interested in global policy and the nonprofit sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The intern will work daily alongside the designated manager helping with eligibility escalations from partners
- The intern will, at least for a portion of the internship, engage with other teams outside of Global Eligibility team in order to better understand the usage of the partner portal as well as the resources that are provided on that platform
- The intern will do weekly research for possible expansions in the civil societies in each jurisdiction/region
- The intern will work on a regular basis, as determined alongside the marketing
- Social networking and non-profit knowledge preferred
- A background in international relations or global studies
- Microsoft Office
- Diplomacy and teamwork
- Technical/functional skills needed
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
- Research experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.