Microsoftâs mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Come join the MIcrosoft Services Cross Domain Delivery (CDD) team!
Microsoft Services is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission.The worldwide Enhanced Support Services practice, as part of CDD, helps assure customers of their return on investment when they need it most; during production, real-world operations.
We are proud to be the face of Microsoft to many of our customers and partners. The power of that connection, in addition to understanding how they use our products helps us deliver the voice of our customers back to our business groups to make our technology and Microsoft even better. if you see yourself as more fire preventer than fire fighter, this might be the right place for you!
To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
We are seeking a Service Delivery Manager for the Enhanced Support Services team within the Cross Delivery Domain.
As a trusted adviser, the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) on the Enhanced Support Services team, ensure their customers are making the most of their support for Mission Critical and Enhanced Application Support delivery plans to drive business value from their IT investments and cloud services as managed by Microsoft. The SDM will be responsible for delivery quality and customer satisfaction and will be involved in structuring, supporting, and overseeing deals from inception to completion, working with other members of Enhanced Support Services team as well as additional internal teams within Microsoft. The SDM hired into this position will maintain a high delivery quality, as well as structure and execute on the problem solving methodology to the agreed budget and service levels.
The value that the SDM brings to the customer is successful implementation and operation, and hence realization of the full value of Microsoft products. The value that the SDM brings to Microsoft is increased customer success and satisfaction, value realization of technology and cloud investments, reduced costs, and the awareness needed around product improvements.
- Influences and manages customer expectations with our solutions globally, based on an end-to-end Services Delivery & Support lifecycle for a portfolio of engagements.
- Investigates the customer’s long-term business objectives and anticipates future technical needs and leads the work streams to bring customer to that future state.
- Recommends, delivers and supports technologies and services that meet current needs, and evolves strategies to adapt to future needs.
- Delivers and recommends improvements to the processes to support delivery excellence. This includes onboarding delivery, defining the project calendar and work breakdown structure, and defining deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures.
- Tracks the performance of the engagement, the quality of project deliverables and reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan.
- Identifies opportunities for new Services delivery through existing delivery contacts and relationships developed in additional functional orgs or business units.
- Develops and maintains a clear plan and delivery schedule for the various components of our offerings.
Preferred candidates will have a strong mix of technical experience and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology & process knowledge and the ability to provide solution leadership for the Managed Services business both internal to Microsoft as well as external customers.
- A bachelor’s or masters degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT, electrical engineering, management information systems, or related STEM fields (within 12 months of graduation).
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- English language and local language fluency for all roles.
- Full unrestricted work authorization for your chosen location.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.