University of Maryland Medical Center
Experienced Registered Nurse (RN) – Adult Emergency Dept. (ER)
Full Time Nights
At the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), a designated Magnet facility, we are a team. Nurses and doctors, specialists and therapists, work shoulder-to-shoulder to give our patients the care they deserve. We take time to celebrate each other’s contributions and treat each other with respect by valuing each other’s ideas and opinions. Ultimately, we support each other’s growth. Together, we form a world-class team dedicated to furthering the practice of patient care.
Adult Emergency Department
The Adult Emergency Department features 54 private exam rooms, advanced, digital radiological equipment, such as CT scans, ultrasound and X-ray and large comfortable waiting areas. It is staffed and equipped to handle all types of medical emergencies.
Patients with life-threatening conditions such as heart attack or stroke will have access to physicians and nurses trained specifically to treat these emergencies. In addition, the Adult Emergency Department will continue to offer a fast track area so that patients with less critical emergencies can be seen in a timely way.
The Adult Emergency Department is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, case managers and a patient advocate to address any special requirements of patients.
- A competitive wage scale
- Up to $10,000 a year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing
- An achievable professional advancement model
- A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum of 1 year RN experience in Adult ED setting preferred. Will consider RNs with current acute care med/surg or telemetry experience
- Nursing Graduates must have completed a Sr practicum in an Adult ED setting and/ or have worked as a student nurse or tech in ED
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- ACLS & BLS Certifications Required; CEN Certification preferred
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to compact state requirements outlined by the Maryland Board of Nursing
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.