An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with though leaders, and finish with a resume what opens doors. But you’ll gain something event more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Manufacturing Engineers to join the Mission Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Charlottesville, VA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Manufacturing organization. The selected candidate will work in a fast paced environment where he/she will interact with multiple disciplines.
As an intern, you’ll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of manufacturing engineering specializations that may include:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures, production and testing layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Hands-on assembly and testing, to analysis of failure trends, and root cause/ corrective action.
- Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or closely relate discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from inception through launch
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions