- Receive training in a variety of pharmacy practice settings to meet the educational outcomes and goals set by the ASHP. To develop competence, skills, and application of drug therapy knowledge in providing the broad scope of pharmaceutical services needed in a practice setting.
- Complete 12 months of training program to sufficiently meet the program goals as well as the educational outcomes set by ASHP and/or AMCP prior to receiving certificate of completion. Train in the required pharmacy practice settings for a specified number of weeks as set by the Program to meet the core objectives of the program with elective training in other pharmacy practice settings as offered by the Program.
- Develop and implement a longitudinal residency project under the guidance of Residency Director, Coordinator, Preceptors, or Project Advisors.
- Present findings of project at the Western States Conference for Pharmacy Residents, Fellows and Preceptors. Complete additional projects and activities as required.
- Attend Professional and Educational Meetings/Conferences.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) Doctor of Pharmacy degree Program by start date.
- Current California Pharmacist Intern License must be obtained by start of program.
- Must have a California Pharmacist License by October 1st. PGY1 Residents who have not obtained a California Pharmacist License by October 1st are subject to suspension until the license is obtained. If license is not obtained by December 15th, employment will be subject to termination.
- Must participate in and adhere to the rules of the Resident Matching Program (RMP) process.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
PrimaryLocation : California,Modesto,Modesto Medical Center 4601 Dale Rd
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Shift *Residency Program of 1 year duration – 7/6/2020 through 7/3/2021 (end date may vary based on the starting and ending date for the pay period in 2021).
WorkingHoursStart : See Working Days
WorkingHoursEnd : See Working Days
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Pharmacy
Department : Pharmacy Residents
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.