$16 an hour
The IAR Graduate Analyst will assist with project coordination, analysis of university data, and tasks related to the reporting and analytics functions of the unit to meet the needs and requests of critical end users and university priority efforts. The student analyst will assist with the development, dissemination, cleaning, analysis, and reporting of survey data as well as work with data related to university students and employees.
- Work collaboratively with university committees to gather requirements and provide coordination of data requests
- Survey support: prepare instruments, test functionality, distribute survey, collect, clean, and analyze, data, as well as make meaning and summarize results for presentations by university leadership
- Analysis: Complete ad hoc analyses as requested including data cleaning and preparations, analysis, interpretation and visualization of results
- Support DataLab sessions as needed to assist community end users develop data literacy skills
- Project assistance: support other IAR projects as needed
Employment Eligibility Requirements (http://fa.oregonstate.edu/stu-manual/500-employment-eligibility-requirements)
Additional Required Qualifications
- Bachelorâs degree
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student in a program emphasizing analytical and data skills applied to social research, such as Public Policy, Health Policy, Education, Psychology, or Business Analytics, or similar.
- Advanced coursework in quantitative and qualitative social science methods
- Ability to communicate results of analysis effectively through visualizations, words, and presentations
- Applied experience with evaluation or research
- Survey development and analysis experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and manage projects in the digital environment
- Strong attention to detail
Preferred (Special) Qualifications
- Strong survey design background
- Experience coordinating projects
- Strong data visualization skills
- Project management experience
Working Conditions / Work Schedule
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A Resume/Vita
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
For additional information please contact: Chrysanthemum Hayes at Chrysanthemum.firstname.lastname@example.org
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Note: All job offers are contingent upon Human Resources final approval.
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months. Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications including the Criminal History Check Requirement.