Organization: Ohio School for the Blind
Classified Indicator: Classified
Bargaining Unit / Exempt: Bargaining Unit
Work Hours: See below
Unposting Date: Feb 24, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
Job Function: Food Services
Agency Contact Name: Kimberly Basil
Agency Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Service Worker – Student Support Services
- Places and displays food in serving containers;
- Sets up and disassembles service lines;
- Replenishes food, condiments, etc.;
- Cleans and prepares vegetables and fruit for cooking and/or serving;
- Prepares special diet orders as prescribed;
- Makes sandwiches, salads, gelatins and/or beverages;
- Removes food stuffs from coolers, freezers and storerooms, accessing floor to ceiling in all areas.
Fills customer requests:
- Serves proportions of food to customers;
- Arranges chosen food items;
- Hands meal to customers;
- Prepares food items for dormitory or field trip use.
Contributes to team effort and clean work environment:
- Assists customers, co-workers and other staff;
- Cleans work and service areas (e.g., mop floors, wipe off tables, empty trash), equipment and cooking utensils (e.g., pots, pans, spoons, deep fryers);
- Operates dish washing machine;
- Receives food deliveries;
- Stocks and stores food according to best practices (e.g., FIFO and shelf placement), accessing floor to ceiling shelving (may involve lifting over shoulder height, bending and squatting, lifts up to 50 lbs.);
- Directs student workers in the kitchen.
Maintains a safe and clean working environment:
- Adheres to sanitation policies and procedures;
- Operates equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
Formal education in reading & speaking common English vocabulary & formal education in arithmetic that includes addition & subtraction of whole numbers. In accordance with Section 124.11(B)(2) of Revised Code, Director of Administrative Services has determined this classification to be unskilled labor class & therefore exempt from written examination.
- Or equivalent of the Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
Knowledge of food service procedures*; addition & subtraction of whole numbers. Skill in operation of kitchen equipment. Ability to carry out simple instructions; recognize safety warnings; read short sentences with concrete vocabulary; lift up to 50 lbs.; move limbs/fingers easily to perform manual functions repeatedly; stand, walk &/or bend continuously. (*)Developed after employment.
- Monday – Friday: 5:30am – 2:00pm.
- Possibility for working alternate shift as needed.
- This position works according to the school year calendar.
- Occasional mandatory weekend overtime.
- The final candidate selected for the position will be required to submit a urinalysis to test for illegal drug use prior to an appointment. The State will decline to extend a final offer of employment to any applicant with a verified positive test result. Also, an applicant with a positive test result will not be considered for a position with the State of Ohio for a period of one year.
Background Check Information